Arizona AETC is a local partner of the Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center (PAETC). The mission of the PAETC is to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide outstanding care to people living with HIV and AIDS.
We provide physicians, dentists, nurses, mid-level practitioners (NP, PA), pharmacists and mental health workers with access to training from peer colleagues who possess expertise in the management and treatment of HIV disease.
Education and training opportunities target clinicians with low to mid volume HIV patients in their practice, and include statewide continuing education sessions, consultations with experts, and preceptorships with clinicians who have a large number of HIV patients in their practice.
Arizona AETC Services:
- Educational programs about HIV infection for healthcare professionals
- Clinical training at HIV patient care sites
- Timely updates to health care professionals on HIV-related treatment and care issues
- Information about HIV service programs and resources
HIV trainings can cover:
- HIV Clinical and Treatment
- HIV Risk Assessment
- HIV Testing and Rapid Testing
- Co-morbid issues (e.g.: HepC, TB, Cocci)
- Substance abuse and HIV
- STDs and HIV
- Oral manifestation of HIV
- Cultural competence in HIV care
- Opportunistic infections
- Medications and Therapeutics
- Perinatal Transmission and Care of pregnant women
- HIV in Children
- Early identification of HIV disease
- Services available for HIV patients
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant # U1OHA29292. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.