Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is an HIV prevention strategy which includes a daily medication along with safer-sex counseling and regular lab tests. PrEP can reduce risk of HIV infection by up to 92%. The Arizona AETC provides information, trainings, and printed materials about PrEP to health care providers across the state of Arizona.
A print-quality AETC informational brochure about PrEP is available here.
HIV PrEP and PEP:
You can also learn more about PrEP from the following online resources:
- Project Inform: Informational Videos About PrEP
- Getting Started on PrEP: A Flowchart to Patient Services
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Truvada (The combination emtricitabine/tenofovir pill prescribed for PrEP)
- The Fenway Institute: What is PrEP?
- Youtube: Demystifying HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis